5 Things Wayne Residents Should Be Doing To Avoid Bed Bugs
Life presents problems that demand solutions. Whether it is your car blowing out a tire, you spilling coffee on your shirt right before an important meeting, or bed bugs looking for a way to get into your home. Life always finds ways to throw us curve balls. Today we will be helping you learn how to hit the curve ball of bed bugs out of the park so that you can protect your sleep and your home from these bloodsucking pests.
Problems Bed Bugs Cause
Up until the last few years, bed bugs were only known for causing one major problem, and that is disturbing sleep when they fed on us late at night. Recently, however, studies have shown that bed bugs may be spreading a dangerous parasite known as Trypanosoma cruzi. This parasite is a known vector for Chagas disease, a sickness that can cause damage to the heart and central nervous system.
How To Keep Bed Bugs Out Of Your Home
Bed bugs are not like other pests when it comes to how they invade homes. They don’t sneak through holes in walls or fly through open windows. Instead, they cling to any item they can in the hopes that someone will carry them to a new home. This makes prevention difficult. That being said, here at 5 things you should do to avoid bed bugs.
- Know what bed bugs look like and what signs they leave behind. Consider doing this research with your family members so you can know what to look for to spot bed bugs before bringing them into your home.
- When traveling, check hotel rooms for signs of bed bug activity. If you find anything that could suggest an infestation, change rooms or even hotels.
- Before coming home from time spent away from home, pack all of your clothing inside plastic bags. When you get home, throw them in the washer immediately to kill any potentially hitchhiking bed bugs.
- When out of the house in heavily populated areas, don’t leave your bag or briefcase on the ground for more than 20 minutes. This is all the time bed bugs need to climb over and hitch a ride.
- Before bringing home used furniture or other items bed bugs could be hiding in/on, check them thoroughly for signs left by bed bugs or active bed bugs crawling about.
Who To Call When Bed Bugs Invade
Whether you suspect bed bugs may have gotten into your home, or you are certain they have, your best option is to reach out to the professionals here at Resolution Pest. We will send one of our highly qualified pest experts your way ASAP to inspect your home for bed bugs. If any are found, we will recommend the best course of action to get them out.
The last thing you want is to get sick because of bed bugs. If you suspect your home is at risk, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We would be happy to find the best solution to fit your pest needs.