Four Signs Your Wayne Home May Have A Termite Problem
Did you know that an insect less than an inch long could cause over 5 billion dollars’ worth of household damage every year? The statistics behind termite activity are stunning, and often very concerning to Wayne homeowners. After all, it is one thing to know what termites are capable of, and quite another to realize just how extensive their infestations can be. It isn’t uncommon to see people lose entire homes to a severe infestation, and be forced to repair damages themselves due to preventable condition clauses in their homeowner insurance plans.
What Do Termites Look Like ?
While there are many unique termite species in Wayne, the majority of them host similar characteristics, such as:
- 1/8 to 1 full inch in size
- White, cream, or brown exoskeletons
- Large, piercing mandibles
The Four Signs Of Termites
If termites are already residing in your home, you will likely notice some concerning symptoms that become more and more obvious. Four of the most common symptoms are:
- Tight fitting doors and windows
- Soft clicking noises emanating from the walls
- The build up of frass piles falling about holes in walls, floors, or furniture items
- Stains that appear to be water damage growing on the ceiling
Termites are pests that are difficult to address after infestation.That’s why initial preventative actions are critical for protecting your Wayne home, family, and lifestyle.
Preventing Termites Before Infestation Occurs
The actions you take to protect yourself now will have a large impact on the results you see in the future. If there are currently no signs of termite infestation in your home, you should institute the following termite prevention tips:
- Remove the moisture from the air that could allow termite populations to thrive. This is best done through the purchase of a dehumidifier.
- Have your home regularly inspected for the signs of termite infiltration or feeding.
- Store firewood piles at least 25 feet away from the sides of the home. Stack all logs neatly and efficiently.
- Reduce your home’s soil to wood contact by relying on peat rock or river stone for landscaping material.
For a prevention program that lasts as long as you own your home, consider investing in professional pest control protection for wood structures, lawns, and new constructions.
Don’t Be Termite-Shy, Try Resolutions Pest On For Size!
Termite prevention may feel like a waste of time and money, but the truth is that these necessary actions could be preventing you from dealing with an infestation in the future. Armed with the right corrective techniques, your home can be kept safe from wood eating insect activity for many years. However, there is a very real possibility that termites have already entered your Wayne home. If you do begin to notice the signs and symptoms of a termite presence in your house, you won’t want to wait to begin immediate treatments.
Call the professional team right away at Resolutions Pest to begin the process of termite removal. Our team means business, utilizing a distinctive system of pest control that shields your home from further insect damage. Serving the greater Philadelphia area for over 20 years and counting, see why our team makes a difference in every home we visit. Book a complimentary initial inspection with us now!
Not sure if you’re ready to commit just yet? Get any and all of your pressing termite questions answered when you call Resolutions Pest at our local office immediately. We’re excited to help you find a path to the future, and committed to serving clients with the highest level of service possible. Find peace, reliability, and affordability through the expert team at Resolutions Pest today!