Issues with DIY Rodent Control In Wayne
DIY rodent control may seem like the best way to combat the different rodents in your home, but DIY solutions are not as easy as they may seem. The best way to eliminate all types of rodents on your Wayne property is to invest in ongoing pest control.
The Problems Rodents Bring
There are several types of rodents you may encounter around your home, the most common being mice and rats. These pests can be a major challenge to deal with in your house due to the destruction they cause by chewing through wood, electrical wiring, plumbing, and stored food items, in addition to the diseases and parasites they can introduce. Hosting rodents for too long can lead to significant issues and health problems.
Most individuals will either have mice or rats in their home, as it is unlikely both will coexist on your property. However, neither of these rodents is easy to get rid of due to several factors.
- Rodents can chew through almost anything, including wood, brick, cinder block, electrical wires, and plumbing. Not only does this create major issues in terms of damages and repair costs, but it also makes it hard to rodent-proof your home.
- Mice and rats are incredibly prolific. They can easily settle in your home and begin reproducing, growing an infestation to a ridiculous size and making them hard to eliminate fully because even a few forgotten mice or rats can restart an entire infestation.
- Rodents can slip through the tiniest hole or gap around your property, meaning that they can enter your house virtually anywhere, making them very difficult to keep out.
DIY Rodent Control Issues
DIY rodent control may sound like a good idea to help handle the different rodents you have in your home, but these methods are often not the best. If you want to know how to get rid of rodents, we suggest skipping the below methods and calling the professionals at Resolution Pest instead.
- When faced with a rodent problem, most individuals head straight for rat and mouse traps. However, these traps will only reduce the numbers of an infestation and not the source. They may also be placed in areas that pets and children can access, making them potentially dangerous to have around, or may send rodents deeper into your property as they hide from the traps.
- Over-the-counter pest sprays and rodent repellents are other popular choices for DIY rodent control, but these products are often hit or miss. You can end up spending a significant amount of money trying to find a product that works, and even then, you may not be able to get to the root of the infestation with a simple DIY product. DIY pest sprays may also be dangerous to apply yourself throughout your home if you are unsure where to apply them and how much to use.
How To Get Rid Of Rodents For Good
The most effective and safest way to deal with all kinds of rodents and the problems they bring to your property is to contact our professionals for assistance. The experts at Resolution Pest can provide you with an in-depth inspection of your home or business to narrow down the main rodent nests and work with you to create targeted, effective solutions that leave your Wayne property completely pest-free.