How to Keep Ants Out This Summer
Prevent these tiny intruders
Ants are tiny insects that, once they make their way into your home, are pretty tough to evict. These pests are known to break into your food and gather in great numbers. Generally, put, they create a nuisance. Everyone who has experienced an ant infestation can commiserate and wants to prevent it from happening again. Read on for a few tips on how to keep ants out this summer.
How to Keep Ants Out
- Use vinegar. Ants are repelled by its smell and it covers up the pheromone trails they leave for to lead the others in their colony to food. Spray a mix of equal parts vinegar and water onto affected areas. Clean dead ants as they appear and repeat daily until the ants stop arriving.
- Use diatomaceous earth (DE). This powder contains the fossils of marine phytoplankton. When these pests eat this material, its sharp edges cut through their exoskeletons, which dries them out and kills them. Apply diatomaceous earth to affected areas daily until you your problem is resolved.
- Maintain a clean home. A sanitized house is your best defense against infestations of all kinds. Clean your kitchen and bathrooms especially clean, as this is where ants seek out the food and water they need to survive. Keep food stored in airtight containers, keep lids on trash cans, and clean spills immediately. Mop and vacuum the floors on a regular basis.
- Prevent their entry. Keep in mind that an ant is tiny, so it can fit through even the smallest areas. Inspect the interior and exterior of your home and keep an eye out for holes, cracks, and other compromised areas through which ants can fit. Repair these items with steel wool, caulk, screen patches, and other materials appropriate for the spots you see.
- If your ant problem is more than you can handle on your own, it may be time for a pest professional like Resolution Pest to intervene. Contact us today by calling 610-337-7378 to schedule a free estimate for ants and other pests.
Special Offer for New Customers
$50 Off Complete Pest Control Services
Hurry! Offer Expires June 30, 2019