How to Prevent Cockroaches
Cockroaches are considered pests–especially once they’ve made their way into your home! These insects are resilient and difficult to get rid of on your own. Most people, when faced with a cockroach infestation, call pest professionals to rid their homes of them. This is because cockroaches build up immunity to many insecticides and repellants. Therefore, the best way to deal with a cockroach infestation is to stop it from happening in the first place. Read on to learn more about how to prevent cockroaches.
Keep Them Outside
- Seal points of entry with steel wool, caulk, and other materials around windows, doors, vents, pipes, and foundation cracks. Remember that cockroaches can fit into even the most seemingly tiny spaces.
- Inspect things you bring into your home from other places. Cockroaches like to hitchhike on items like luggage, boxes, storage, and previously owned items that could contain cockroaches.
If Cockroaches Manage to Get Inside, Restrict Their Access to Food and Water
- Keep counters, floors, and appliances clean by wiping them down after use. Event the tiniest crumbs can attack cockroaches.
- Keep food stored in tightly sealed containers instead of leaving it out.
- Rinse out pet water bowls regularly.
- Clean dishes right away instead of leaving them in the sink and unwashed.
- Take out the trash every few days. Have a secure trash can, too.
- Keep clutter to a minimum to cut down on hiding spots.
Keep a Tidy Outdoor Area
- Ensure that your overgrown vegetation is always trimmed.
- Avoid letting bird seed sit around. Bird seed fallen on the ground is notorious for attracting pests.
- Keep firewood, bushes, and other plants at least 6 feet from the perimeter of the house.
Call the Professionals
The experienced exterminators at Resolution Pest can help prevent or control a cockroach problem in your home or business. Contact us today by calling 610-337-7378 to schedule a free estimate.
Special Offer for New Customers
$50 Off Complete Pest Control Services
Hurry! Offer Expires January 31, 2019