How to Prevent Termite Damage
Keep your home safe from termites
Termites cause billions of dollars worth of property damage every year. Often, they live and feed behind the walls of a house, meaning their presence remains undetected until the bulk of their destruction has already occurred. Luckily, there are things you can do to help prevent termite damage. Read on to learn more about how to protect your home against this wood-eating insect.
Termite Damage Prevention
- Seal off points of entry by repairing any holes and openings in your home’s exterior. These points of entry can include tears in screen windows, holes around door frames, cracks in foundation, and any gaps around vents or pipes.
- Make your home less hospitable to termites by cutting off their source for food. You can do this by removing dead trees from your property. Additionally, organic debris should be kept far from your home’s foundation. This includes mulch, firewood, and other types of wood.
- Cut off potential water sources by dealing with leaks and other plumbing issues inside your home immediately. Pay special attention to crawl spaces and basements. These areas should be properly ventilated to prevent excess moisture.
- Another way of controlling moisture is to regularly maintain and clean your gutters to prevent clogs. It’s also helpful to point your downspouts away from your home to ensure that pools of water don’t form around the foundation.
- Inspect firewood and lumber for insects before bringing it indoors.
Pest Professionals Can Help
The best way to prevent termite damage is to invest in the assistance of regular pest control treatments. You should call in a pest professional immediately once you’ve spotted the signs of a termite infestation, but it’s even more effective to schedule preventative treatments. The experienced exterminators of Resolution Pest are knowledgable in all aspects of termite management. Contact us today at 610-337-7378 to schedule a free consultation. You can also learn more about our termite inspections and Wood Destroying Insect Reports here.
Special Offer for New Customers
$200 Off New Termite Treatment Services
Hurry! Offer Expires January 31, 2019
Download Your FREE Termite Guide
Termites are destructive insects that cause massive damage to the structures they infest. Our guide helps outline the importance of hiring a pest professional to deal with your problem.