Prevent Cockroaches: Helpful Hints
How to create a cockroach-free environment
Cockroaches have an ever-present need for food, warmth, and water. Unfortunately, this means that they are seeking out indoor areas (including houses) to meet these needs. The best way to fight cockroach infestations is to prevent them from entering your home. Here are a few tips on how to prevent cockroaches.
Prevent Cockroaches in the Kitchen
Kitchens are a top spot for cockroaches because the food sources are abundant.
- Give empty food containers a thorough scrubbing before throwing them in indoor trash cans. Store food in tightly covered containers to cut off the cockroaches’ food source.
- Vacuum and mop kitchen floors on a regular basis.
- Roaches are resourceful insects that go to great lengths to find food. They can even crawl through sewers to enter homes through plumbing systems. Avoid attracting them by cleaning dishes immediately after a meal instead of leaving them in the sink.
- Wipe down counters and other surfaces after preparing or eating food.
Prevent Roaches with Outdoor Upkeep
Overgrown vegetation outside provides hiding spaces for cockroaches.
- Regularly trim tree branches, mulch, shrubs, and other vegetation to keep it from touching your home. A good rule of thumb is to ensure everything is at least one foot away from the exterior walls of a house.
- Use silicone caulk to seal holes, cracks, and other points of entry.
- Firewood is a popular hiding spot for cockroaches, so inspect it before bringing it inside.
Prevent Roaches in Bathrooms and Laundry Rooms
Cockroaches need moisture to survive, so bathrooms and laundry rooms should be maintained to prevent an infestation.
- Inspect areas that are prone to leaks or condensation, like the floor and walls nest sinks, toilets, and showers. Use caulk to seal any problem areas.
- Avoid leaving wet toothbrushes in drawers or leaving wet clothes lying around.
Call The Experts
No one wants cockroaches in their home. If you suspect an infestation or want to prevent cockroaches from seeking out your home, call us today at 610-337-7378. The pest professionals at Resolution Pest are here to help keep cockroaches out.
Special Offer for New Customers
$50 Off Complete Pest Control Services
Hurry! Offer Expires May 31, 2019