Termite Facts: What You Might Not Know
Learn a few tidbits about this pest
Termites aren’t just a nuisance; they are flat-out destructive. Responsible for more than $5 billion in property damage every year, this is one insect you can’t afford to have in your home or business. Routine termite inspections and termite control services are a must for every property owner. Here are a few termite facts.
- The job of a termite means eating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year.
- Humans are outnumbered by termites.
- Termites eat each other’s feces after they are born to get the bacteria they need to survive.
- Termites are nocturnal because they have an aversion to sunlight. Instead, they prefer dark, underground environments.
- Most worker and soldier termites are blind. This isn’t much of an issue, though, given their penchant for darkness.
- Colonies can contain thousands of termites.
- Alaska is the only state without termites.
- Termites are safe to eat and contain high amounts of protein.
- Termites groom each other to prevent parasites and bacteria.
- Queens lay thousands of eggs per day.
- Termites have been on the planet for millions of years and are a relative of the cockroach.
- Some queen and king termites are able to fly.
- Termites leave scent trails with their pheromones to share information with each other.
- The weight of all the termites on the planet would surpass the weight of every human on the planet.
- Termites warn the others in their colony by banging their heads against the wall to send vibrations back to the nest.
For Termite Control
Resolution Pest offers a full range of treatment options that include a liquid barrier treatment and a termite baiting system. We also provide a monitoring service for those interested in termite prevention. There’s no time for hesitation when it comes to termites. Call us today at 610-337-7378 to schedule a free quote and consultation.
Special Offer for New Customers
$200 Off New Termite Treatment Services
Hurry! Offer Expires May 31, 2019