Termite Facts: What You Might Not Know
Learn a few tidbits about this pest
Termites aren’t just a nuisance; they are flat-out destructive. Responsible for more than $5 billion in property damage every year, this is one insect you can’t afford to have in your home or business. Routine termite inspections and termite control services are a must for every property owner. Here are a few termite facts.
- The job of a termite means eating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year.
- Humans are outnumbered by termites.
- Termites eat each other’s feces after they are born to get the bacteria they need to survive.
- Termites are nocturnal because they have an aversion to sunlight. Instead, they prefer dark, underground environments.
- Most worker and soldier termites are blind. This isn’t much of an issue, though, given their penchant for darkness.
- Colonies can contain thousands of termites.
- Alaska is the only state without termites.
- Termites are safe to eat and contain high amounts of protein.
- Termites groom each other to prevent parasites and bacteria.
- Queens lay thousands of eggs per day.
- Termites have been on the planet for millions of years and are a relative of the cockroach.
- Some queen and king termites are able to fly.
- Termites leave scent trails with their pheromones to share information with each other.
- The weight of all the termites on the planet would surpass the weight of every human on the planet.
- Termites warn the others in their colony by banging their heads against the wall to send vibrations back to the nest.
For Termite Control
Resolution Pest offers a full range of treatment options that include a liquid barrier treatment and a termite baiting system. We also provide a monitoring service for those interested in termite prevention. There’s no time for hesitation when it comes to termites. Call us today at 610-337-7378 to schedule a free quote and consultation.
Special Offer for New Customers
$200 Off New Termite Treatment Services
Hurry! Offer Expires March 31, 2019
Download Your FREE Termite Guide
Termites are destructive insects that cause massive damage to the structures they infest. Our guide helps outline the importance of hiring a pest professional to deal with your problem.